Thursday, September 13, 2007

Public Bass Bashing

So this is going public today, so I'm sure I'll be a lot more conscious of what I write. Especially since I live in a ministry house...I realize many of my beliefs vary strongly from what one would call "ministry" material but bear with me or I will stab you in the ear with a shoe horn. That being said welcome to my blog/virb page/flickr page/whatever you're looking at currently.

Now that that's out of the way I'd like to announce that I will be playing bass for the band currently known as "The Josh Williams Band," though there are rumors that the name is subject to change. I know the question on the public's collective mind is "Why?" Well I was tired of not playing in front of people really. And this way I can be slightly to the left. One thing I hate about playing as a front person or co-front person is the judgement. Most of the music I write is so intimate that I just have a hard time putting it out there to be judged by some snot-nosed kid rockin' a Hinder shirt. I mean what does this kid know about music? Now there's less judgement as I doubt we'll work on anything I've written, cause I mean I don't really want to.

And also this could possibly mean some intimate Restless-type coffee shop moments ever now and again. Sweet.

Just so you know I am currently listening to the new singles (which you can buy on iTunes) from Angels & Airwaves, Jimmy Eat World, Dropkick Murphys, and Coheed and Cambria.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.